Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bay Bat Costume

I got a Halloween request for a purple baby bat; cute!
The patterns that I found all started at 6mos., but I was dealing with a 3 month old, so I folded the pattern to reduce it to the baby's measurements.




It was still too big when I did the fitting, but  I was in the ballpark. I thought black satin wings and ears would look good, with contrast purple stitching.






The ears came out super cute!


 


I ended up using the same basic ear pattern for my own bat costume...


Here is the body, finished...





The pattern had a center back zip opening, which seems like kind of limited access for a baby costume, so I added inseam snaps, like you might see on a long-leg onesie, and kept the back zip for dressing ease.




Totally different it challenges than I normally work with, so overall this was an interesting project.





No comments:

Post a Comment